Update your details and get a chance to win a tablet
Do you want to be in with a chance to win a tablet? All you need to do is send us your updated details.
We will soon be launching a new state of the art system, including a digital app, which aims to provide better and efficient services for our residents. The new system will keep all your information in one place and make it easier for you to contact us about repairs, cleaning and other housing services that matter to you.
To make the new system as effective as possible, we need to make sure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date.
The tragic Grenfell fire in June 2017 highlighted the importance of having current and correct information about our residents. We need to know exactly who lives in all of our properties, be they leaseholders, tenants or members of their household in case of an emergency. We also need to make sure we provide a service that is fair and accessible to everyone, and make interacting with us easy and hassle free for you.
The government will be introducing new laws for data protection in May this year and this is a great opportunity to make sure you know what information we are holding and why. If you don’t wish to provide us with certain information, that’s fine too – we will make a note of that. You will only need to provide this information once, and inform us of changes and updates online or by phone whenever you need to.
Alternatively we can send you a form by post. You will automatically be entered into a prize draw to win a tablet. The closing date for the prize draw is 30 September 2018.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
Why we need your information
We will use your information to:
- keep your records up-to-date
- help keep you safe
- ensure best quality services that are appropriate for local communities
- identify any gaps in service use or outcomes
- check who could be affected by changes to policies or services
- measure the effects of our decisions on our customers
What choice do I have?
We encourage you to answer all of the questions to help us get a clear picture of our customers. But if you do not wish to answer a question, please select the ‘prefer not to say’ option.
You may be wondering why we ask some of the questions; we need this information for monitoring purposes so that we can ensure minority groups are not negatively impacted.
How to provide the information
You can provide your information by completing our online form via the link below: www.brent.gov.uk/housingmanagement
Alternatively, please complete the form included in this leaflet and return it to us using the free post option.
You are providing your information to Brent Council, contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The council’s data protection officer can be contacted via email@example.com, or 020 937 1402.
Your information is collected for the purpose of service delivery, as required to fulfil the council’s duties under the following legislation:
- Local Government Act 2000
- Housing Act 1985
- Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Housing and Planning Act 2016
- Welfare Reform and Work Act 2016
Please be assured that we will always store your data confidentially and will only use the information you provide to deliver, review and improve our council’s services.
Sometimes, we may need to share relevant information with our contractors such as:
- Your contact information, so they can keep you updated on appointments
- Any disabilities you, or members of your household have, so that this can be taken into account
- The feedback you have provided about a job they have completed
We will tell you on the form exactly which data may be shared. Our contractors are bound by confidentiality. The information shall be retained for as long as you are a council tenant or leaseholder, and up to 7 years after that date and shall be processed in adherence to your legal rights, including, but not limited to, the right to withdraw consent, right to copies of your information and right to be forgotten. You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
We will only use personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it. Once your information has been collected by the council, it may be used by other council departments, where necessary, to provide a complete service to you. It is for this reason that we do link your information together to save you providing your information more than once.
Further information can be found at www.brent.gov.uk/privacy
Terms and Conditions:
- This prize draw is open to Brent council tenants or leaseholder aged 18 or over, with the exception of employees of Brent Council, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
- To enter the prize draw you must complete above mentioned form or post pack the paper form before 30 September 2018.
- Only one entry per person.
- All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 5 October 2018. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
- The prize for the winner is an Amazon Fire Tablet.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, Brent Council reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified via telephone by 8 October 2018. The winner must claim their prize within 10 working days of Brent Council sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and Brent Council reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by Brent Council for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- The winners agree to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- Brent Council may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Only correctly entered entries will be approved to take part in the competition. Brent Council may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions.